how to create a .zd file

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Wed Nov 18 15:38:45 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-11-18 at 16:48 +0200, Juliano Bittencourt wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>      Sorry the newbie question, but how do I create a .zd file from
> an .img? Here in Rwanda my internet is so slow that requires several
> days to download a new image. The best solution is to build the images
> locally keeping cache of the rpms. This allows that any changes be
> done quickly. However I didn't found documented anywhere how to create
> the file for fs-update.

Isn't the first question "how do I create an image?" :)

It's all in projects/fedora-xo in git, xo-1.5 branch. Makefile shows you
how we make builds including all the outputs. You'll need to get the
actual zhashfs tool from bios-crypto (also a git repo). Sorry that the
build system is a bit messy and undocumented, I hope to find time to
clean it up soon.

Daniel