New SoaS build soas68

Yioryos Asprobounitis mavrothal at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 26 10:24:19 UTC 2009

I tried soas68.2gremovable.img.tar.lzma on a 2GB USB stick. It did not work.
/boot folder does not have an olpc.fth file so did not go anywhere.
I added the following olpc.fth file in /boot
============
\ olpc.fth
" root=/dev/sda1 rootfstype=ext2 console=ttyS0,115200 console=tty0 fbcon=font:SUN12x22"
to boot-file
" disk:\boot\vmlinuz" to boot-device
" disk:\boot\initrd.img" to ramdisk
setup-smbios
unfreeze
dcon-unfreeze
visible
boot
and got in the boot console:
dracut: Mounted root filesystem /dev/sda1
dracut Warning: Machine in enforcing mode and cannot execute load_policy
dracut Warning: To disable selinux, add selinux=0 to the kernel command line
dracut Warning: Not confirming
(All of them twice) at which point the boot stoped

Changing the rootfstype to ext4 gave the same result while changing to ext3 said ¨wrong filesystem¨.
By the way the /boot permissions are 555. So I had to change them to add the olpc.fth file and the relevant simlinks so boot will work.