[Fedora-packaging] python listed explicitly as exception and added to buildsys-build groups

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Fri Nov 10 20:10:07 UTC 2006

Jesse Keating wrote :

> On Friday 10 November 2006 14:52, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> > Why would it be something that would break if python is in the build root?
>
> True, it probably wouldn't break, it just wouldn't be necessary.

Yup. I myself don't find it so odd to have "BuildRequires: python" for
all python modules, and that retrofits nicely to any distro release.

All this does remind me of the "old days" when python-devel didn't pull
in python... it produced even less expected results ;-)

Matthias

Fedora Core release 6 (Zod) - Linux kernel 2.6.18-1.2835.fc6
Load : 1.39 1.17 0.73