[Fedora-packaging] multiple changlog entries for one e-v-r

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Thu Aug 2 21:30:52 UTC 2007

On Friday 03 August 2007, Till Maas wrote:
> Aloas,
>
> is it ok to use multiple changelog entries for one e-v-r?
>
> E.g.:
>
> %changelog
> * Thu Jun 15 2003 Joe Packager <joe at gmail.com> - 1.0-2
> - Added LICENSE file (#43).
>
> * Wed Jun 14 2003 Joe Packager <joe at gmail.com> - 1.0-2
> - Added README file (#42).

I'm not sure what that would be useful for - people looking for changes
between x.y-z and 1.0-2 would start to wonder what exactly did happen in
1.0-2 and whether one of the above is a copy-pasto and should be eg. 1.0-3
instead.

Personally I just leave out the version from changes I make without building a
package, and sometimes combine accumulated changes into one changelog entry
when finally building them.