[Fedora-packaging] Re: Executable "Source:"es

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sun Dec 30 12:53:47 UTC 2007

On Sat, Dec 29, 2007 at 01:41:06PM +0200, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> On Friday 28 December 2007, Axel Thimm wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > maybe not an FPC question, but I'll have a go:
> >
> > Since F9 Sources in the CVS "lost" their permission bit. For example
> > the nx specfile has
> >
> > | Source11: nxfind-provides.sh
> > |
> > | %define _use_internal_dependency_generator 0
> > | %define __find_provides %{SOURCE11}
> >
> > a classical approach when one needs to extend/alter the default
> > automatic dependency calculations.
> >
> > How can I teach CVS/koji that my Source11 should please get its
> > execution bit back on?
>
> No idea, but personally I think relying on any other permissions to SourceX
> and PatchX than read is fragile[0] and should be avoided.  Doesn't this work
> (note the "sh")?
>
>     %define __find_provides sh %{SOURCE11}

Thanks a lot, the workaround works.

But still there is an issue - obviously the FPC never mandated such a
change, either the infrastructure people made that decision for us or
it's a bug.

I wouldn't mind if the FPC would decide to do so, but I would mind if
other instances silently force such decisions through simply by defacto
methods.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net