[Fedora-packaging] Re: Exception for JPackage

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Feb 1 13:16:19 UTC 2007

On Thursday 01 February 2007 07:30, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> In a nutshell, the question is quite simple: Why should jpp put into a
> special position and other 3rd parties be ignored, which (at least for
> my way of using Fedora) are equally vitally important?

We only allow importing of the free jpp packages.  We have our own java
compiler and runtime (gcj) that is used for our jpp packages rather than the
non-free jvm.  If the jvm was free, the answer for java on Fedora might
actually be "use jpackage, here is a repo file" but that isn't the case.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora