[Fedora-packaging] Draft: Init Scripts

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Feb 26 18:52:01 UTC 2007

On Friday 16 February 2007 18:00, Jesse Keating wrote:
> After repeated (heated) discussions over init scripts, I wanted to guideify
> my thoughts (and others) on this.  Can we have some discussion over this
> draft and vote at next meeting?
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/InitScripts

There seems to be a split as to whether or not these are config files.  I
could be convinced to allow them to be config (without noreplace) to preserve
admin settings should they make any changes, but still allowing us to get new
init files into place.  If we go with this, we need to make rpmlint not balk
about executables in /etc marked as config and such.

I'd still prefer that these files aren't marked as %config.  Perhaps a new
init system will allow for us to place these files somewhere other than /etc
and really drive the point home that these files are not for configuration.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora