[Fedora-packaging] Java naming scheme

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Jan 18 16:08:02 UTC 2007

On Thursday 18 January 2007 11:02, Fernando Nasser wrote:
> Perhaps this never happens because we always have some updates and we
> always do a mass rebuild with release bumping for any new Fedora release.
>
> Ans as any fix for a Fedora -N is accompanied by it being applied to the
> subsequent Fedoras -(N -1) until current, that has never happened so far.
>
> Anyway, if you guys want the %{_dist} at the end we will add them, I am
> just not really sure that this situation will ever happen.

Why wouldn't FC6 users want the latest jpp releases of stuff when rawhide gets
them?  Are they not suitable for FC6, ever?  We shouldn't actively prevent
this from happening, especially now that we're opening the doors for more
people to participate and take on some of the workload of import/building.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora