[Fedora-packaging] Java naming scheme

Fernando Nasser fnasser at redhat.com
Thu Jan 18 16:47:27 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Thursday 18 January 2007 11:02, Fernando Nasser wrote:
>> Perhaps this never happens because we always have some updates and we
>> always do a mass rebuild with release bumping for any new Fedora release.
>>
>> Ans as any fix for a Fedora -N is accompanied by it being applied to the
>> subsequent Fedoras -(N -1) until current, that has never happened so far.
>>
>> Anyway, if you guys want the %{_dist} at the end we will add them, I am
>> just not really sure that this situation will ever happen.
>
> Why wouldn't FC6 users want the latest jpp releases of stuff when rawhide gets
> them?  Are they not suitable for FC6, ever?  We shouldn't actively prevent
> this from happening, especially now that we're opening the doors for more
> people to participate and take on some of the workload of import/building.

I most certainly don't want to prevent that.  I was under the impression
that Rawhide would always have a newer VR, which you are saying that
needs the dist tag to be ensured.

I've asked the questions about the dist tag in my previous messages.  I
believe I am not the only one with some questions about it, so the
clarifications will be useful for others as well.