[Fedora-packaging] Re: Second user/group handling draft

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Fri May 11 14:30:23 UTC 2007

Axel Thimm schrieb:
> On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 02:32:57PM +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> On 11.05.2007 14:16, Enrico Scholz wrote:
>>> Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora at leemhuis.info> writes:
>>> Using wrappers like 'fedora-usermgmt' will make life of admins easier
>>> because they have to configure their system only once instead of updating
>>> their 'setup' package regularly.
> Well, 'fedora-usermgmt' is a masterpiece of marketing: Promising the
> best of static and dynamic uid/gid and delivering the worst ;)

You should be aware that some people think different about
fedora-usermgmt. Especially as Enrico is the creator of fedora-usermgmt.
So please be a bit more diplomatic and avoid such flamebits, as that
might help to avoid yet another flamewar.

>> Maybe. But it seems it made lots of people really unhappy, so something
>> is wrong somewhere.
> The I wonder why you voted for keeping it.

In EPEL? I didn't want rules for packaging to be different between
Fedora and EPEL.

CU
thl