[Fedora-packaging] Re: Java packaging guidelines draft

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Mar 26 15:41:34 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-03-26 at 16:31 +0100, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Sure
>
> http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Policies/Java/JPackage/skel.spec
> http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Policies/Java/JPackage

Gee, seems like they're trying to solve all the same problems with
jpackage that we are.  I'm sensing a trend...

While overuse of macros may at times be ugly, those usages seem to be a
common desire both in Fedora and Mandirva to deal with jpackage
packages.

If all the distros are making guidelines to cope with the shortcommings
of jpackage packages, why can't we just fix the jpackage packages?

--
Jesse Keating