[Fedora-packaging] Re: Suggested ScriptletSnippets (icon cache) changes

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Sat Feb 14 21:21:26 UTC 2009

On Saturday 14 February 2009, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/Icon_Cache
>
> Does that look good?

Yep, pretty much.  I found some things that could be improved, and reworded
the first paragraph.

> Couple questions, in the %postun, there's no || : for the touch.  Is
> that intentional?

Yes.  Only the final exit statuses of the scriptlets matter here.

> If %posttrans should prove controversial (I don't see a problem but if
> it is) is including the gtk-update-icon-cache call in %post in its
> modified state acceptable to the proposal as a whole?

I'm not sure I understand you correctly.  Do you mean that if %posttrans for
some reason is not accepted, just move the g-u-i-c call from %posttrans
to %post?  I suppose that would work, but it would result in icons that are
removed on package upgrades left behind in the GTK icon cache.  Dunno if
that's a problem at all, but my initial proposal did not have that issue:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-packaging/2009-January/msg00138.html