mod_perl 2.0.0 Preview is available for testing (was RC6)

Jose Pedro Oliveira jpo at di.uminho.pt
Sun May 15 03:09:48 UTC 2005

> José Pedro Oliveira wrote:
>> mod_perl 2.0.0 RC6 (aka 1.999_23) is out!
>> The update appears to be peaceful.
>>
>> Changelog
>> http://search.cpan.org/~stas/mod_perl-2.0.0-RC6/Changes
>>
>> Diff
>> http://search.cpan.org/diff?from=mod_perl-2.0.0-RC5&to=mod_perl-2.0.0-RC6
>>
>> jpo
>
> Make a SRPM and prove that the deps between the current FC4 and this
> version didn't change.  Then try to convince Sopwith that we should
> upgrade the version.  Given the size of the diff I am guessing he would
> say no.
>
> Has anyone actually *tested* the current mod_perl in FC4?  It would be a
> good reason to upgrade it if the current version is totally broken.
> Otherwise we should respect the version freeze and focus on the
> FC4Blocker list now.

A new, and hopefully the last, mod_perl 2.0.0 snapshot was announced today
in the mod_perl mailing list.

Quote from the announcement:
---
#* Allright folks, RC6 was released a while ago, and various issues
were resolved. According to our planned schedule, I am releasing
a mod_perl-2.0.0 preview! As before, this is your last chance to
affect the new API, since after 2.0.0 is released, incompatible API
changes will not happen. So, one more time, test this tarball as much
as possible. If all is well, this could become the official 2.0.0 release. *#
---

Announcement:
[ANNOUNCE] mod_perl 2.0.0 (preview!)
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modperl&m=111607986202275&w=2

I think it is better to wait for the final mod_perl 2.0.0 version and
released it as an errata.

jpo
--
José Pedro Oliveira