Proposed patch to perl for f8 - remove Requires on perl-devel

Robin Norwood rnorwood at redhat.com
Tue Jun 19 17:59:07 UTC 2007

Robin Norwood <rnorwood at redhat.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> This patch will remove the Requires that were placed on perl-devel at
> the end of the f7 cycle.  It is proposed for the 'devel' branch (f8).
> Comments?
>
> (Ok, actually the patch is already applied, but I haven't built anything
> yet.)

Sorry for the delay, but here's an update:

I'm asking Warren Togami to add the 'split out' perl modules to
comps.xml so that these modules are installed by default whenver perl
is.  This (I hope, let me know if I'm wrong) addressess Jose's concern
that the modules will be missing in most fedora installs and be very
annoying to users, but still allows them to be removed easily if you
don't want them.  Does this work for everyone?

-RN

--
Robin Norwood
Red Hat, Inc.