cpanspec update

Steven Pritchard steve at silug.org
Fri Jun 29 19:12:44 UTC 2007

Since perl-IO-Compress-Bzip2 is in the development tree now, I've pushed
cpanspec 1.71 out.  (It picked up a new dependency in order to handle
.bz2 files.)

I'd like to make the next version properly handle the new split perl
package.  Right now, there's some code that filters out any
dependencies found in Module::CoreList.  I added a quick hack to
automatically add perl(ExtUtils::MakeMaker) to the BuildRequires unless
the package uses Module::Build, but that doesn't help with tests that
require Test::More, etc.

So I'm curious what you all think would be the best solution here...

  1) Just remove the Module::CoreList check entirely, and potentially
     end up with lots of (likely redundant) core perl dependencies.
  2) Keep the Module::CoreList check, but also keep a whitelist of
     dependencies we should keep.
  3) Use the output of "rpm -q --provides perl" on the system
     running cpanspec instead of the Module::CoreList check.
  4) Do 3, but add an option to get the old behavior.  (There's
     already a rather overloaded option "--old" that will turn off the
     check entirely.)

I'm inclined to go with 4.

Steve
--
Steven Pritchard - K&S Pritchard Enterprises, Inc.
Email: steve at kspei.com             http://www.kspei.com/