Fedora to CPAN mapping...

Christopher Hicks chicks at chicks.net
Wed May 30 20:12:46 UTC 2007

On Wed, May 30, 2007 at 12:51:54PM -0700, Chris Weyl wrote:
> On 5/30/07, Christopher Hicks <chicks at chicks.net> wrote:
> >On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 11:16:40AM -0700, Chris Weyl wrote:
> >> Fine, fine, fine :) There's a _really_ rough list and simple breakout at:
> >>
> >> http://home.comcast.net/~ckweyl/fedora/
> >
> >If you released code we could send you patches.  :-/
>
> :)  I'm poking around, trying to see what it'd take to get this into
> either Fedora cvs, or maybe as some sort of a "hosted project".  No
> aversions to releasing things as tarballs, but having it in a RCS
> somewhere would make collaboration / patches so much easier.

Sounds good.  Thanks for what you've done so far.  It is very slick and getting even better.

I'm assuming you've noticed that some of the POE package versions are dorked and show as %(rpmver)?

Another apparent issue is that we have no idea of what version of the module was current when a given version of fedora froze, but there may be enough module release history for some modules to figure that out.  From here out we can just say "this is the version that was on CPAN on freeze day".  I'll try to generate the data from backpan this weekend if nobody beats me to it.  ;)

Thanks again all around.

--
</chris>

"The problem with troubleshooting is that trouble shoots back!"