Perl splitting

Kelly Corbin kcorbin at theiqgroup.com
Thu May 31 17:26:31 UTC 2007

I'm the sysadmin, not the developer so I don't have all the details at
the moment (I'm waiting to hear back from him), but here's his quote to me:
"perl-5.8.8 has an outdated Test::Builder that's accidentally allowing
an error to propagate outside of its code -- this is triggering the
__DIE__ handler"

An updated perl-Test-Simple-0.70-1.noarch.rpm package we made with
cpan2rpm solved the issue for us, but of course had to be installed with
--replacefiles.

I'll post as soon as I know more.

Kelly

Robin Norwood wrote:

> Kelly Corbin <kcorbin at theiqgroup.com> writes:
>
> [...]
>

>>I wholeheartedly agree!  I recently moved development of my
>>application from RHEL to FC and was disappointed to have to package
>>our own perl-Test-Simple because the Test::Builder in the main perl
>>package was still broken.  Everything else came as separate modules as
>>needed.
>

> Hi,
>
> Broken how?  Do you have a bugzilla?
>
> Thanks,