Perl splitting

Chris Weyl cweyl at alumni.drew.edu
Thu May 31 17:54:28 UTC 2007

On 5/31/07, Kelly Corbin <kcorbin at theiqgroup.com> wrote:
> I'm the sysadmin, not the developer so I don't have all the details at
> the moment (I'm waiting to hear back from him), but here's his quote to me:
> "perl-5.8.8 has an outdated Test::Builder that's accidentally allowing
> an error to propagate outside of its code -- this is triggering the
> __DIE__ handler"
>
> An updated perl-Test-Simple-0.70-1.noarch.rpm package we made with
> cpan2rpm solved the issue for us, but of course had to be installed with
> --replacefiles.
>
> I'll post as soon as I know more.

Hmm...  What's the @INC directory scan order in our perl?  I was under
the impression it went site, vendor, core; that way you should be able
to override something in core by installing it in either of the other
two places (so perl finds it first).

...or am I missing something here?  Disambiguation invited :)

                              -Chris
--
Chris Weyl
Ex astris, scientia