Task::Fedora

Chris Weyl cweyl at alumni.drew.edu
Sat Apr 11 02:57:45 UTC 2009

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 10:25 AM, Gabor Szabo <szabgab at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> reading the thread about    "perl development" comps.xml group?
> I thought about something slightly related.
>
> What about you ppl starting to maintain a package on CPAN called
> Task::Fedora that would list all the CPAN packages distributed by Fedora?
>
> It would allow someone to easily setup a CPAN smoke tester focusing
> specifically on those packages.
>
> You could create an rpm with the sole purpose of pulling in all the perl
> packages.
>
> It will also allow the creation of other reports such as the one I
> mentioned
> earlier http://ali.as/top100/

Hmm...  That's an interesting idea.  We'd have to decide a couple things
(e.g. are we just talking about rawhide, do we want versioned requires in
Task::Fedora, etc), but if it's useful something like this could certainly
be automated.  (That is, have something watch the packages available in
rawhide, and when versions change or new packages appear, update
Task::Fedora and upload it to the CPAN.)

I'd be for it if there's a benefit to it...  I see some Debian-specific bits
cited on the link you provided; if we could do things like that with
Task::Fedora I'd be pretty happy about it :-)

                                                   -Chris
--
Chris Weyl
Ex astris, scientia