Can anyone volunteer to help with a Python 2.5 / Python 2.4 code issue?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sat May 2 05:37:07 UTC 2009

> On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 2:23 PM, Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Jef's found some code for defaultdict with a suitable license.  We'll
> > put it in python-fedora for now and look at spinning out a compat
> > library if there's more problems.  Between that and the
> > python-sqlalchemy update from:
> >
> > http://infrastructure.fedoraproject.org/el/5/i386/python-sqlalchemy-0.4.7-1.el5.noarch.rpm
> >
> > he seems to have all the EL-5 specific errors ironed out.
>

> I can only do very shallow testing. I think I need to actually have a
> useful sql db locally to test any of the plotting. With the
> defaultdict emulation I can get past the server errors and the
> tracebacks..but there's nothing really useful going on.
>
> I could probably help a little more in terms of  testing if the
> development code came with a small pre-filled dummy sqlite db.

Hey, guys. I've been following the thread - thanks for your excellent
contributions and suggestions. I'm definitely going to try my hardest to
pin down Brennan on IRC and pass everything from this thread on, if he
hasn't been following it himself. Thanks again for everything!

I know Brennan has a snapshot of Bugzilla he was using for testing of
his implementation, and it was actually up on his server for a while,
but unfortunately it's not any more (he has technical issues keeping it
up). I'll definitely suggest that a sample data set be added to the
code.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey