FC3 " avc: denied" issue

Colin Walters walters at redhat.com
Mon Dec 27 16:32:41 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-12-27 at 21:42 +1100, Russell Coker wrote:

> Report a bug to whoever provided the collection of files that their install
> script should do the following:
> restorecon /usr/X11R6/lib/libXvMCNVIDIA.so.1.0.6629
> restorecon /usr/lib/libGL.so.1.0.6629

Dan recently worked on a patch for coreutils to make the 'install'
command do this internally.  I don't think we can ask every ISV to
insert restorecon commands at arbitrary points in their code.  Saying
however that they must use the 'install' command (or RPM) to install
software is a much more defensible position, IMO.