431 kernel install - file contexts fixed! (was Re: avc denied from kernel 427 update)

Tom London selinux at comcast.net
Sun Jun 13 19:27:29 UTC 2004

New packages improve things dramatically. I just did a 'yum update
kernel*' to install the 431 kernel from Arjan's tree. The install
succeeded, and I was running in enforcing mode.

The context labels now appear to be correct except for those created by
'depmod', 'mkinitrd' and the fiddling with /boot/grub/grub.conf. (Files
installed from kernel-sourcecode package are all correctly labeled!)
Except for grub.conf, the types appear correct but the user is 'root'
instead of 'system_u'.  grub.conf is labeled 'root:object_r:boot_t'
instead of 'system_u:object_r:boot_runtime_t'.

(Are 'restorecon' commands needed in the postinstall scriptlet? elsewhere?)

tom

[BTW, the system boots fine even without fixing the labels mentioned above.]