squid reverse proxy - AVC

David P. Quigley dpquigl at tycho.nsa.gov
Mon Jan 5 15:30:53 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-01-04 at 15:29 -0500, Mail Lists wrote:

>  Apolagize I didnt list reply ...
>
> trying again:
>
> On 01/04/2009 02:38 PM, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> > > This looks like squid_t is searching a directory named etc which is
> > > labeled named_conf_t?
> > >
> > > what does ls -ldZ /etc
> > > say?
>
>    # ls -ldZ /etc
> drwxr-xr-x  root root system_u:object_r:etc_t:s0       /etc/
>

> > > Did you relabel /etc directory named_conf_t?
>
>   nope - only thing I find with named_conf_t is /var/named/chroot
>
>   I note that sealert does not always show the full path - be nice if it
> did. In this case there are not a lot of directores called etc so its
> not hard to find.

The directory you are trying to access is etc but not /etc
under /var/named/chroot there is an etc directory in there for the
chroot which is labeled with named_conf_t. It might be good for us to
have this labeled with etc_t instead. There are several directories
under the chroot which should probably be given their properly labeling.

Dave