up2date Error [Was: Re: New fedora-release in rawhide]

Paul W. Frields paul at frields.com
Wed Oct 29 15:45:04 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 10:16, Andreas Sartori wrote:
> another failure with up2date.
> i dont know if it has already been writte here but,
> when i update packages and there are dependencies, the up2date
> process just hangs. in the logfile i just get:
> [Wed Oct 29 08:58:54 2003] up2date solving dep for: ['mozilla',
> 'libcrlayeng.so.1', 'libcroco', 'libcroco.so.1', 'libcrseleng.so.1', 'xmms']
>
> then nothing happens anymore.

The libcroco issue, I believe, came up as folks updated librsvg2. Try
updating up2date first to see if that solves the issue. If not, what
I've done locally is to have a yum repo for a mirror of rawhide, and one
for the base (e.g. fedora-0.95) install. If I point
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources at both yum repos, that seems to handle
everything quite nicely.

--
Paul W. Frields <paul at frields.com>