Radeon 9200 Attempt to free NULL pointer

Steve Ward stevewa at spiritone.com
Thu Oct 23 14:32:55 UTC 2003

I wrote:
>FWIW, I'm seeing similar error messages from the ATI proprietary drivers
>on my 9700 Pro card.  In fact on Arjan's 2.6 kernels I can't even run
>accelerated.  I have to build kernels from the Linus tree to get it to
>work at all.  I get the errors there but no oopses.

Mike Harris replied:
>ATI binary drivers ship with ATI proprietary 2D driver, 3D
>driver, libGL, and kernel modules.  None of the source code to
>any of that software is available to anyone but ATI.

>ATI has a form on their website where you download the Linux
>drivers with which to provide feedback on the drivers to ATI.
>That is probably the best place to report such problems, as ATI
>is the only company or people who can fix your problem.

I understand that.  I was trying to provide a data point suggesting that looking at the radeon driver in XFree may not yield the answer on the null pointer de-references.

Given the press reports on the changes underway at ATI w.r.t. the FireGL team that made these drivers, I've been holding off on trying to report any defects...