selinux prob - can't log in via X/gdm

Niilo Kajander nk at kajander.fi
Fri Apr 2 06:09:24 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-02 at 08:57, J. Scott Farrow wrote:
> Since my last round of yum updates on test2 last night, I'm completely
> unable to log in via X, either as my normal user, or as root.  I'm now
> running kernel-2.6.4-1.300 and policy-1.9.2-1.

If you can log in as root on console, try adding SELINUX=permissive to
/etc/sysconfig/selinux. Don't worry if that file doesn't exist, as it
didn't on my test box ("upgraded" from development version). After
creating that file I rebooted and things started working normally.

--
Niilo Kajander <nk at kajander.fi>