Dual boot FC2T2 and WinXP?

Vincent pros-n-cons at bak.rr.com
Sun Apr 4 03:28:39 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-04-03 at 17:39, Matias Feliciano wrote:
> $ man bootparam
>    The 'hd=cyls,heads,sects[,wpcom[,irq]]' options
>        These options are used to specify the physical geometry  of  the  disk.
>        Only  the  first  three  values are required. The cylinder/head/sectors
>        values will be those used by fdisk.  The write precompensation value is
>        ignored  for  IDE  disks.  The IRQ value specified will be the IRQ used
>        for the interface that the drive resides on, and is not really a  drive
>        specific parameter.
>   [...]
>    The 'hd=noprobe' option
>        Do not probe for this drive. For example,
>
>               hdb=noprobe hdb=1166,7,17
>
>        would  disable  the probe, but still specify the drive geometry so that
>        it would be registered as a valid block device, and hence usable.
>

> I don't know if this is useful but hope it's help. Try to set the same
> values as the BIOS.

Thanks but I cannot pull those numbers from the BIOS.

Under IDE devices it has a few things
LBA mode: supported
Block mode: 16 sectors
LBA/Large: [AUTO]
DMA: [AUTO]
etc.

But when I use F8 to get a somewhat verbose output i see it says
LBA is disabled for hda but hdb (linux) has it enabled. I'm just
plain confused. I'll install FC 1 tonight and pray it catches the
right values.