Dual boot FC2T2 and WinXP?

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Sun Apr 4 04:29:14 UTC 2004

On Sat, Apr 03, 2004 at 07:28:39PM -0800, Vincent wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-04-03 at 17:39, Matias Feliciano wrote:
> >
> > I don't know if this is useful but hope it's help. Try to set the same
> > values as the BIOS.
>
> Thanks but I cannot pull those numbers from the BIOS.

For a long time disk drive geometries are a pure fiction and
illusion.  So even if BIOS reports some numbers they are just
some its inventions.

If you are booting something which already wrote some partition
table then "geometry" numbers should be whatever is recorded in
that table.  'fdisk' does that right; 'parted', which is apparently
used by the current 'anaconda', screws up.  Corollary: switch
to a text console, use 'fdisk' to create Linux partitions and
ignore warnings on the subject from anaconda.

I thought that there was already some bugzilla entry about that
but I do not have a number handy.

   Michal