alsa mute

Ben Steeves bcs at metacon.ca
Fri Apr 30 14:04:11 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-30 at 10:58, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> The "halt" initscript should store mixer settings with alsactl when you
> shut down or reboot your system. And /etc/modprobe.conf restores the
> mixer settings when the ALSA kernel modules are loaded. It should just
> work.
>
> Do you have the alsactl calls in those files?

Yes, but the halt initscript only runs when the system is restarted
cleanly.  This is my test system and that doesn't always happen :-)

I don't consider my approach to be working around bugs in FC, it's just
making the system work the way I want.  I don't presume to think that
everyone wants things to work the way I do.

Ben
Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs at metacon.ca
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )               ben.steeves at unb.ca
http://www.metacon.ca/ascii    / \     Yahoo Messenger: ben_steeves