kernel-2.6.5-1.332

Sean Bruno sean.bruno at dsl-only.net
Tue Apr 20 18:41:23 UTC 2004

I installed the kernel update today on four different machines.  I
haven't seen the kernel oops on the i686 boxes, but I am experiencing
huge problems.

1.  On an SMP system(Dell PE 2650, Dual P4 2.6Ghz), the network
connectivity to two of them(tg3) is extrememly slow and is dropping
packets left and right.  I could barely get into the machines to change
the grub.conf back to the previous release and reboot.

2.  On one of the SMP systems, NIS stopped working(maybe due to the
network problems?.

3.  On a PIII 850Mhz, there are no problems with the intel 10/100
adaptors and the system seems to be running fine.

Can I provide any other feedback, or should I tag these problems onto
bugzilla #121350?