NVIDIA Drivers and Test 3

Jerone Young jerone2 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 29 15:26:16 UTC 2004

Holly crap...It looks like the SELinux LSM module has
been the cause of all my stability issues...I placed
selinux=0 on the kernel command line and rebooted. And
now my issue has just vanished (I never had SELinux,
the kernel module is supposed to do nothing it you
don't have the userspace stuff set, but apparently
this is not true)...Me not likey this SELinux it is
causing problems even when it's supposed to be off. It
looks like you HAVE TO use selinux=0 and fully
(fully!!) cut off SELinux, not just in userspace like
redhat is doing now in Test 3. We need selinux=0 added
to the kernel parms by default on install.

--- Jerone Young <jerone2 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I've actually finally pin pointed to the issue.
> There
> are no issues 2D wise. But when I launch UT 2k4 the
> 1st time everything plays fine. But when I launch
> UT2k4 a second time the machine just reboots. I'm
> thinking UT2k4 (I have the latest fixes) could be
> more
> so causing the issue in combination with the Nvidia
> driver. I can launch Tux Racer till the cow come
> home,
> and everything works fine.
>
>                  Jerone
>
> --- Aaron Hughes <hughesac at clarkson.edu> wrote:
> > Jerone Young wrote:
> > > The one on nvidia's website will not compile
> with
> > 2.6.
> > > You have to get modified installer from here:
> > >
> > > http://www.minion.de/
> > >

> > > It works great for me...some stability issues,
> but
> > > Unreal 2k4 runs smoothly.

> > kernel

'/lib/modules/2.6.5-1.327smp/build/include/linux/modversions.h'