Python tkinter packages not being installed

Sarah Fish sarahtf at fish-house.org
Fri Apr 30 01:00:17 UTC 2004

I have had a problem getting a game to run since I put up FC-T2 about a
month ago. It needs Tkinter and it couldn't find it.  Had the same
problem with FC1, but installing the Python-tools option via the
add-packages screen took care of it.  I tried that with FC-T2 with no
success early on, but didn't have time to dig into it further.

Last night I downloaded T3 and spent today setting up my system to dual
boot Win98 & FC-T3. After all that Windows nonsense, I needed my game -
bad! So after I loaded T3, I started digging into just where Tkinter was
hiding. The T3 setup ran smoothly except that the partitioning section
wasn't happy about the dual boot status. It did it, but it didn't like it.

The tcl8.4 part was installed at setup.  I finally located Tkinter on
the 4th T3 disc and tried installing it. It needed two other packages,
also on disk 4, tix-8.1.4-96.1.i386.rpm and tk-8.4.5-8.i386.rpm.

Just in case anybody else needs a Pysol fix :).....

Sarah Fish
Saratoga Springs, NY