Call for Yum Frontend

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Sun May 9 10:54:40 UTC 2004

On Sat, May 08, 2004 at 11:24:03PM -0300, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> > I think it is seriously time to consider someone writing a yum
> > frontend that could be included with the standard fedora desktop.
>
> Err...  In what sense is up2date not that?

up2date doesn't
	-	Include new package selection
	-	Have a graphical interface to mirror selection/addition
	-	Get the download size data right
	-	Multithread its gui nicely

and lots of other things where it should really look somewhere half between
system-config-packages and up2date. up2date does however also do local files
and stuff so might be a good starting point ?