FC2-dev - ESD - DOES ANY ONE HAVE AN ANSWER???

Phil Schaffner P.R.Schaffner at IEEE.org
Sun May 9 20:13:44 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-05-05 at 15:01 -0400, Brian R Smith wrote:
> I have tried this message _three_ times and still have not received a reply.
>
> In FC2, will ESD only support ALSA or will it support ALSA and OSS?  I
> insist on using the OSS drivers because the ALSA snd-intel8x0 driver
> _sucks_ on my laptop (ACPI conflicts, poor sound quality, etc).
>
> Someone please let me know whats up with ESD.

Can't give a direct answer as I don't know, and sympathize with your
frustration, but can only offer some suggestions to increase the
probability of getting an answer:

1. Read http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

2. Don't SHOUT.

3. Fix your clock (or mail transport?) so your message is not showing
it's from several days in the past.

Phil