nvidia driver kernel 2.6.9 667

Kim Lux lux at diesel-research.com
Sat Nov 6 01:36:57 UTC 2004

If you are implying that the Nvidia driver installs without source, you
are partially wrong in the general and totally wrong in this case.  The
Nvidia driver DOES install without kernel source code on common kernels,
ie ones that the Nvidia team has compiled a kernel for and included in
the install pack.

However, if you read the driver fine print, you will find that if your
kernel version isn't supported, you need to have kernel source installed
in order to build the kernel.  That is precisely what the Nvidia
"install" tool does.

Thus, I DO need kernel source to get an Nvidia driver running with
2.6.9-1.667 as I highly doubt Nvidia had included a driver for this
kernel in their install pack.

--
Kim Lux (Mr.)  Diesel Research Inc