What I hope is not in FC3

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Mon Nov 8 01:19:54 UTC 2004

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 22:32:54 -0500, Jim Cornette
> <fct-cornette at insight.rr.com> wrote:
>
>>5) not being able to do a normal graphical installation, without special
>>parameters issued before the install.
>

> "normal" ?  I think your definition of "normal" has to be different than mine.
> Because i can certaintly do a "normal" graphical installation with no
> extra parameters on my "normal" hardware using the full install media
> from pretty much every single mediaset that i have done an install
> from from test1 onward.
>

> -jef"adnormal is the new normal, and normal the new adnormal"spaleta

Due to the breakage regarding the 815 graphics controller that uses the
i810 driver. It is now needed to add parameters to the installer in
order to get the installer to function in graphics mode. This entails
figuring out which information is needed to get the installer to proceed
in graphics mode now. I heard that someone had success by passing
800x600 resolution to the installer before starting the installer.
Before the breakage, nothing needed to be passed to the installer,
unless you wanted to install reiserfs, expert or any out of the ordinary
options. Now, it is either experiment with options to the installer or
just choose a text install.

Jim

--
The sum of the Universe is zero.