/usr has vanished completely!

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Sat Nov 27 01:04:32 UTC 2004

On Sat, Nov 27, 2004 at 12:49:34AM +0000, Paul wrote:

> > I think what OP meant.  I just applied recent rawhide updates and
> > _none_ of disk based file systems was mounted except of /.  I happen
> > to have here four of these plus two bind mounts.
>
> Latest initscripts are to blame. Drop back down a version and all
> returns to sanity, well, mostly all...

Agreed.  The previous version of initscript was seriously messed up
too but this one really takes the cake.  How come you did not notice
that various services are not starting up before you even see a
shell?  Quite likely easy to work around.

To add an icing to the cake it look that the current version of
xorg-x11, i.e. 6.8.1-19, is seriously broken as well.  At least on
my Radeon it simply locks up everything with no trace of a picture.
I will have look at logs once I will get to them. :-) The previous
xorg-x11 was running just fine.

   Michal