Fedora Core 3 Test 3 Discs Not Working

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 14 00:14:06 UTC 2004

Derek Wisong wrote:
> I downloaded 3 sets of Fedora Core 3 Test 3 discs (4-disc set) from 3
> different mirror sites, as well as 1 dvd image.  All 3 sets has the same
> problem: Disc 1 works fine, boots and loads the install program, but
> when i check the media of the other 3 discs, they Fail. The reason given
> is that they were not created with the checksums.  I tried ignoring this
> once and installing anyway, and when the installer wanted files off of
> disc 2, the installer complained that the files could not be found.

This error happened to me for one of my installations from disc 3. It
was overcome with the other set of discs burned. This might indicate
that there might be something wrong with the images as a far off chance.

Otherwise, it might be burn speed, blanks, burning software, burning
options, downloding images in ASCII, ....

I missed the failures experienced when going ahead with installation anyway.

Jim