Nautilus has gone gaga

Tom London selinux at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 19:11:46 UTC 2004

Sorry for not exploring more before doing the forced reinstall, but
the system appeared quite unstable.

Anyway, following Jeff's advice, I get:

[root at fedora ~]# rpm -V GConf2
[root at fedora ~]# rpm -V libbonobo
[root at fedora ~]# rpm -q gnome-vfs2
gnome-vfs2-2.8.1-8
[root at fedora ~]# rpm -V gnome-vfs2
S.?......   /usr/bin/gnomevfs-cat
S.?......   /usr/bin/gnomevfs-copy
S.?......   /usr/bin/gnomevfs-info
S.?......   /usr/bin/gnomevfs-ls
S.?......   /usr/bin/gnomevfs-mkdir
S.?......   /usr/bin/gnomevfs-rm
S.?......   /usr/lib/libgnomevfs-2.so.0.800.1
S.?......   /usr/libexec/gnome-vfs-daemon
[root at fedora ~]#
[root at fedora ~]# rpm -q udev
udev-034-2
[root at fedora ~]# rpm -V udev
[root at fedora ~]#

What else can I report?  Is it safe to do the 'reinstall' thing for gnome-vfs2?

tom

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 15:04:15 -0400, Paul Iadonisi <pri.rhl3 at iadonisi.to> wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-10-10 at 14:57, Paul wrote:
>
> [snip]
>

> > It was either gnome-vfs2 or udev. I replaced both, did a couple of syncs
> > and rebooted. Everything (other than sound) is working happily now.
>
>   A bit off the thread topic, but I find this curious, especially since
> I've seen a few posts mentioning this.  Why bother with doing syncs?  I
> thought that was largely a relic of the past.  Or at the very least, not
> necessary at all when doing a clean reboot.  In fact, other than using
> the -n switch on halt, poweroff, or reboot, I can't think of *any* other
> reason to use sync manually at the command line.
>
> --
> -Paul Iadonisi
>  Senior System Administrator
>  Red Hat Certified Engineer / Local Linux Lobbyist
>  Ever see a penguin fly?  --  Try Linux.
>  GPL all the way: Sell services, don't lease secrets
>

> --

Tom London