mkfs.ext3 on 500GB drive

Justin Conover justin.conover at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 14:19:36 UTC 2005

On 6/26/05, Peter Arremann <loony at loonybin.org> wrote:
> On Sunday 26 June 2005 00:00, Justin Conover wrote:
> >
> > Well, I think your right, I plugged it into my wifes windows box and
> > ntfs failed to format it too, guess I'll be calling LaCie. I thought
> > these were supposed to be good drives.....
> >From what I know of them, they usually work pretty well - don't blame the
> manufacturer too much for a bad harddisk... most likely it got damaged while
> shipping or so - well after LaCie did their functionality testing.
>
> Peter.
>
> --
Well, I registered it today and looks like you can only call from M-F,
so I'll be calling tomorrow.

Once I get a new one or how ever they do this, how do you recommend
formating a 500GB drive.  Do you just use standard mkfs.ext3 or do you
increase the inode size or anything else.  Any recommendations?  I'm
going to see if they will send me the usb 2.0 instead of just
firewire, so I will see how that goes.

Thanks for your help.