<4> post_create: setxatter failed

Dan Hollis goemon at anime.net
Mon May 23 10:58:26 UTC 2005

On Mon, 23 May 2005, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> If you want to use reiserfs, by all means be my guest. Some people only
> think they have performance gains with it, others really do. Reiserfs in
> fedora tends to be "lightly tested" at best though, so make sure you test it
> hard yourself before going into production.

For us its not a question of 'only thinking'. We actually tested it and
got clear performance wins.

We tested ext3, jfs, xfs, and reiserfs.

For us reiserfs is the clear winner for ISP workloads.

Its been heavily tested and works fine for us, thanks :-)

Our reiserfs results interested a business partner of ours who used
to swear by ext3. They also found out reiserfs was better all round for
them so they are also switching.

The only real caveat for reiserfs at the moment is the lack of selinux
support.

Oh yes, I also use reiserfs at home on the desktop with tailmerging
enabled. An extra 10% diskspace is significant especially when its 200gb
partitions :-)

-Dan