rawhide report: 20051011 changes

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Wed Oct 12 03:16:31 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-10-11 at 22:55 +0000, Willem Riede wrote:
> With todays (x86_64) tree I have three problems:
>
> 1. I'm forced into a text install because X doesn't come up. The error
> messages are forced off the screen before I had a chance to copy them, and
> don't appear to be logged, but they looked like what I got when I after install
> first booted: complaints about rhpl.monitor.py and rhpl.mouse.py being
> depricated,
> followed by: "ImportError: no module named simpleconfig" from import rhxpl.

Chris replied and has this one fixed up.

> 2. Doing a custom partitioning, with 7G free on a drive, asking to use all
> space remaining for swap gave me 1992 MB swap area and 5G still unused.

This is expected, if not entirely intuitive.  We have a cap on swap
space unless you explicitly request more just to avoid people ending up
with way more than they need.

> 3. I made /dev/md0 out of /dev/sda1 and sdb1, and at the end of install grub
> was run on both disks:

This looks like a real bug and I'm a bit curious about the error16.
File it and we'll take a look.

Thanks,

Jeremy