rawhide report: 20051011 changes

Willem Riede wrrhdev at riede.org
Wed Oct 12 10:43:38 UTC 2005

On 10/11/2005 11:16:31 PM, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-10-11 at 22:55 +0000, Willem Riede wrote:
>
> > 2. Doing a custom partitioning, with 7G free on a drive, asking to use all
>
> > space remaining for swap gave me 1992 MB swap area and 5G still unused.
>
> This is expected, if not entirely intuitive.  We have a cap on swap
> space unless you explicitly request more just to avoid people ending up
> with way more than they need.

Errmmm, this box currently has 2GB of memory (with plans to grow to 6GB), so
according to the swap = 2x memory, shouldn't that cap have been 4G? (And IMHO,
other than maybe a popup that the amount is excessive, you should just do what
I say, it is way to windoweske to think you know better than the user!)

Regards, Willem Riede.