HW cursor gone again, hang with ACPI enabled note

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Thu Mar 9 11:46:31 UTC 2006

Two things of note with this A.M.s update via PUP:

1. HW cursor has disappeared again.  It was also invisible early on
in the test, but it's been working like a champ until today.  I
switched back to SW cursor.

2. It still hangs when ACPI is enabled at boot, but today it hangs at
"starting NFS statd" instead of "starting UDEV", so my observation
earlier about UDEV probably has nothing to do with it.

System:
MSI K8NGM2-FID nForce 430/GeForce 6150 motherboard
Using on-board NVIDIA graphics Integrated GeForce 6 GPU with open
source driver and 64MB graphics window enabled
Athlon 64 X2 4400+ CPU
Intel PRO/1000 MT ethernet
2GB memory
SATA drive

Software:
Started with DVD dist and updated daily with PUP.  Not using XEN.

Peter

Peter Dufault
HD Associates, Inc