can i upgrade FCR5t2 to FCR5 final via yum or some other methodwithout reinstal

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 22:42:32 UTC 2006

On 3/16/06, Lillie Bennett <lbennett at atlis.com> wrote:
> So if we continue to update FC5t3 it becomes FC6t1 and is this the same as
> rawhide or are all of these newer or different trees?
The development tree eventually becomes another test1 snapshot... but
its not a smooth transition. Its fairer to say the development tree
becomes... something akin to the undead after a final release.  The
period between FCX final release and FCX+1test1 can be a gruesome
experience because of the large rate of change and the introduction of
highly unstable new or reworked packages.   You can not fully
appriecate the organization of the test release process until you have
tasted the ashes and dispair of what is going to happen to the tree in
the next month.

Or put another way....
The development tree has seasons... and we are about to enter the
season of nuclear desolation. Panic.

-jef