Fedora Core 6 Test Update: xorg-x11-server-1.1.1-47.1.fc6

Arjan van de Ven arjan at fenrus.demon.nl
Thu Nov 16 13:10:03 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-11-15 at 16:27 -0500, Adam Jackson wrote:
> Fedora Test Update Notification
> FEDORA-2006-1237
> 2006-11-15
>
> Product     : Fedora Core 6
> Name        : xorg-x11-server
> Version     : 1.1.1
> Release     : 47.1.fc6
> Summary     : X.Org X11 X server
> Description :
> X.Org X11 X server

> * Wed Nov 15 2006 Adam Jackson <ajackson at redhat.com> - 1.1.1-47.1.fc6
> - xorg-x11-server-1.1.1-int10-muxing.patch: Build both the vm86 and x86emu
>   backends for BIOS calls on x86; prefer x86emu when running under Xen dom0
>   since Xen's vm86 handling is flaky.

since vm86 is basically going away anyway.. would it be an idea for
rawhide to just always use the emulation?
(heck and maybe there should just be ONE system level emulation anyway,
that is shared between all apps that want this, and which we can then
make sure does the right thing around pci config space accesses etc etc)