Beryl packages in extras-development pull in packages from beryl repository on wilsonet.com/packages/beryl/fc6-i386/

Miles Lane miles.lane at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 04:07:26 UTC 2006

When I install beryl and emerald from development-extras, it pulls in
the following packages from :
        heliodor
        bdock
        beryl-dbus
        aquamarine

I am curious why these packages aren't provided on the
development-extras repository.

When I updated control-center, I got the following:
control-center-2.17.1-6.fc7:
  Updating  : control-center               ######################### [1/6]
/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libseom.so.0 is not a symbolic link

This library file is provided by one of the packages on wilsonnet.com:
# rpm -q --whatprovides /usr/lib/libseom.so.0
beryl-vidcap-0.1.2-3
http://wilsonet.com/packages/beryl/fc6-i386/
Name        : beryl-vidcap                 Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 0.1.2                             Vendor: WilsoNet
Release     : 3                             Build Date: Mon 13 Nov
2006 11:58:09 AM PST
Install Date: Sun 19 Nov 2006 02:50:36 AM PST      Build Host:
apollo.wilsonet.com
Group       : User Interface/Desktops       Source RPM:
beryl-vidcap-0.1.2-3.src.rpm
Size        : 78216                            License: GPL
Signature   : (none)
Packager    : Jarod Wilson
URL         : http://www.beryl-project.org/
Summary     : Beryl OpenGL window and compositing manager video capture utility
Description :
Beryl is a combined window manager and compositing
manager that runs on top of Xgl or AIGLX using OpenGL
to provide effects accelerated by a 3D graphics card
on the desktop. Beryl is a community-driven fork of
Compiz.

This package provides a utility capable of capturing
beryl-enabled desktop sessions as video.