::1 or 127,0,0,1 - which is correct for FC7?

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Mon Apr 9 11:15:25 UTC 2007

I had mail to root be held up with no address when I used to have the
default entry for ipv6 which did similar. I changed it to 127.0.0.1 and
the errors went away. Now the errors returned with the ipv4 entry.

  I am getting the similar error which the ::1 entry use to cause. This
problem seemed to start recently. Is something broken or was it changed
to only reference ipv6 entries now?

  cat /etc/sysconfig/network
NETWORKING=yes
NETWORKING_IPV6=yes
HOSTNAME=cornette-dell-hdb

Edited /etc/hosts after error. Is this the correct entry or should
127.0.0.1 be there also?

  cat /etc/hosts
::1     cornette-dell-hdb       localhost.localdomain   localhost

Jim

--
Politics -- the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign
funds from the rich by promising to protect each from the other.