fc7t4: still eating babies?

Benjamin Kosnik bkoz at redhat.com
Sun Apr 29 11:22:08 UTC 2007

However, I found some bugs. In particular:

1) two drives in systems, installing onto one, not doing anything to
the second, but try to mount the second on say
/mnt/drive/montsouris so that one can read files from it. Kills anaconda dead.

2) same as one, but without the mount. Reboot: it looks like grub
written to the wrong drive (ie, installing on to drive one, grub info
written to drive two). UGH!!!!

Minor panic as I contemplate a day of moaning and non-paris rando velo
riding, but then I reboot into the fc7t4 disk and mount drive two
manuall: data still intact, apparently boot info fried. Ie, there is a
directory "/boot" but nothing is in it.

Any pointers on how to get drive two bootable again? Drive two is an
up-to-date FC6 install, or used to be.

Thanks,
benjamin

ps. Usually I physically unplug the second drive to avoid this kind of
thing. Ever the optimist....

pps. please cc my gmail account on replies as my mail is now screwed.