FC7T4 Not Seeing Pre-existing software raid arrays

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Fri May 4 16:10:48 UTC 2007

On Thu, May 03, 2007 at 23:30:11 -0400,
  "Clyde E. Kunkel" <clydekunkel7734 at cox.net> wrote:
> Am I the only person who is having this problem with FC7T3 & 4 and
> network installs of development?
>
> Clean install attempts on a test machine that is currently running
> rawhide just fine fail since anaconda does not see all pre-existing raid
> arrays and those it does see are classified as having foreign file
> systems, not ext3.  I have to copy /etc/mdadm.conf to the proposed boot
> drive and go to console 2 at the beginning of the install to start the
> arrays, then lvm vgchange the LVs.  Only then does the partitioner in
> anaconda see all of the arrays and the LVs.  Install works fine after that.

I saw the foreign file system stuff when doing an update from a disk image.
The array the image was on showed up as foreign. That was a bit confusing,
but I figured out what was happening and moved the image over to another
partition that I didn't need to update and was able to get past that point.
The update failed later on, but I don't think that was related to this
problem.